I was going to write a post about my Thanksgiving adventures in San Diego, but there are no pictures up yet, so that’ll have to wait for a couple of days, because blog posts about events you didn’t attend and people you don’t know are so much better with pictures! So I thought I’d steal this survey from John Green instead, because it seemed like a good idea at the time. However, I just looked at how long this sucker is. Wow. You’re going to know me real well after this.
1. What’s your name?
Anna Jarzab, or so says the hastily Photoshopped banner atop this website
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
Jeans, Converse, my Sufjan Stevens “Come on feel the Illinoise” t-shirt
3. Last thing you ate?
Multigrain bagel with light cream cheese from Dunkin Donuts. Let me opine for a second about the light cream cheese. Sometimes they don’t have it, sometimes they won’t give it to me, sometimes they don’t understand what I’m asking for, and sometimes they blatantly ignore when I ask for it, so walking out of the DD on a Monday morning with the right bagel and the right effin’ cream cheese is a total WIN.
4. One place you will NEVER eat at?
A raw vegan restaurant, fingers crossed
5. I say Shotgun, you say:
MINE. I have a shotgun problem. I am what my friends call a “shotty whore,” where shotty is an abbreviation for “shotgun” and not commentary on my skills as a lady of the night (which would actually be spelled “shoddy” anyway). I’m so bad about sitting shotgun that I used to give it up for Lent when I lived in a place where I rode in a lot of cars. As you can imagine, it is less of a sacrifice in New York and Jesus asked me politely to pick something else to give up. Case in point, a little scene from this weekend:
Cambria: Are you ever going to let anyone else sit in the front seat this weekend?
Me: Is it Lent? THEN NO.
6. Last person you hugged?
7. Does anyone you know wanna date you?
8. Would you date anyone you met online?
9. Name something you like physically about yourself:
My family likes to make fun of me because allegedly I once claimed to have a “perfect face,” but don’t listen to them, they are liars and I never said it! I do have a nice nose though, I think.
10. The last place you went out to dinner to?
Counting takeout? Jack In the Box. (I know. I was in Southern California! That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it, plus those “tacos” are delicious.) Not counting takeout? Ugh, this tourist trappy Times Square Irish pub O’Lunney’s, NOT MY IDEA. Unless you don’t consider Rubio’s takeout, which in that case the answer is Rubio’s. Jealous?
11. Who is your best friend?
I have lots! I’m very blessed. Short list: Cambria, Kim, Jenny, Emma, Alicia, JJ
12. What time of the day is it?
Too early considering I went to bed at 3 AM after flying all day
13. Who/What made you angry today?
Having to get up after so few hours of sleep. Otherwise, I’m rather upbeat.
14. Baseball or Football?
Baseball, although my love for football is growing. BTW, did anyone else watch USC trounce Notre Dame on Saturday? I did. It was AMAZING.
16. Favorite type of Food?
17. Favorite holiday:
Dur hay, Chrismas. Not for the gifts, although it’s always nice to receive presents. I just love all my family traditions and the music and the lights and the crisp feeling in the air.
18. Do you download music:
Sure, via iTunes.
19. Do you care if your socks are dirty?
Yeah. I mean, I wash them. Was that the question?
20. Opinion of Chinese symbol tattoos?
Not for me, thanks.
21. Would you date the person who posted this?
Like John, I find this question pretty confusing. If this question means, “Would you date yourself?” the answer is a resounding yes. I make a really nice taco dip and, really, what more could you want in life partner?
22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
Aside from my friends doing “Piano Man” at Korean karaoke? No.
23. Do you love anyone?
Lots of people!
24. Are colored contact lenses sexy?
Well, I mean, not any more than regular contacts are, which is to say not really sexy or unsexy. Where did John get this survey anyway?
25. Have you ever bungee jumped?
No, and I don’t really plan on it. Plunging to my apparent (if not actual) death is not something I find particularly thrilling.
26. Have you ever gone white-water rafting?
No, and probably won’t, especially after reading Anne Fadiman’s essay (in At Large and At Small) about WATCHING SOMEONE DIE WHITE WATER RAFTING. I wasn’t expecting it to turn out that way and I’m still sort of thrown by it to this day. (The essay, I mean.)
27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you
28. How many pets do you have?
In New York, zero. In California, one, a beagle. Her name is Valentine and she is awesome.
29. Have you met a real redneck?
30. How is the weather right now?
Pretty nice, considering it’s New York in December. Could be much worse: colder, snowier, rainier, sleetier, windier.
31. What are you listening to right now?
“Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)” by Beyonce. What a catchy little dittie! We heard it a lot in the club this weekend. (Also, I feel like I might have just heard the opening strains of “Jump Around” by House of Pain, although it seems unlikely.)
“Live Your Life” by T.I. ft. Rihanna. Don’t know why though!
33. What was the last movie you watched?
Twilight! I believe my feelings about Rob Pattinson have been made clear by now. (Hint: I heart him.)
34. Do you wear contacts?
Yeah, but not colored ones.
35. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
36. What are you afraid of?
I don’t really love elevators or planes, although I’m not phobic about either of them.
37. How many piercings have you had?
Two in each ear, but that’s it, and that’s all there’ll be.
38. What piercings do you want?
39. What’s one thing you’ve learned this year?
Being a soon-to-be-published author is harder than being…whatever the opposite of that is. Once you have people eager to read what you have to say, you have to FINISH IT.
40. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Summer: grande non-fat iced white mocha with no whip. Winter: hot chocolate. However, I don’t really go to Starbucks very often.
41. What magazines are you reading?
I don’t really read magazines, to be honest. Most articles I read are online and I find them courtesy of other blogs.
42. Have you ever fired a gun:
No, but I’m working on that.
43. Are you missing someone?
I always miss people. Right now, I feel the absence of my best high school friends most keenly because I just saw them for Thanksgiving, but I miss my family a lot, too.
44. Favorite TV show?
45. Do you have an obession with WoW?
No. WoW is the devil. WoW cost me a friend. I hate WoW, and let’s never speak of it again. (That said, I’ve never played it myself.)
46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb?
47. What celeb do you look like?
None. I am my own unique individual, and by that I mean that I’m not good looking enough to look like a celebrity. I’d LIKE to look like Reese Witherspoon or Kate Winslet, though, if you’re taking requests.
48. Who would you like to see right now?
49. Favorite movie of all time?
Hm. The Princess Bride, maybe?
50. Do you find yourself loved?
51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren’t suppose to?
Of course. I was an American teenager at one point.
52. Favorite smell?
Lilac. Kind of old-ladyish, but it’s true.
53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn?
54. What’s something that really bugs you?
Chronic lateness and indecisiveness.
55. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Is he still alive?
56. Taco Bell or Burger King?
Taco Bell, for sure.
57. What’s your favorite perfume?
I really like BCBGirls “Nature.” It reminds me of college. I also like Dior’s J’adore, Marc Jacobs, and FlowerbyKenzo.
58. Favorite baseball team?
The Chicago White Sox.
59. Ever call a 1-900 phone number?
Not that I know of.
60. What’s the longest time you’ve gone without sleep?
Probably less than 24 hours, if I’m honest, although I once went seventy-six hours straight with about six hours of sleep total. That was AWP in Vancouver in 2005.
61. Last time you went bowling?
I have no idea, but I’m pretty sure I’ll end up at Earl Anthony’s Dublin Bowl sometime this weekend, and I’ll probably be talking like Madge Anthony, the chain-smoking, alcoholic estranged stage mother I invented for him a couple of years ago, the entire time.
62. Where is the weirdest place you have slept?
Nowhere exciting, I’m sure.
63. Who was your last phone call?
64. Last time you were at work?
65. What’s the closest orange object to you?